I would like to share this very informative and helpful article with you which has been released via cyberpaths.blogspot.com recently. The keyword is manipulation !
"THE PROCESS OF BRAINWASHING (MIND CONTROL)
1. The cyberpath keeps the victim unaware of what is going on and what changes are taking place.Your cyberpath might make plans for you, or not tell you what his plans are until the last minute. He may talk about you to others behind your back, to isolate you from them. They will always leave you on the edge of your seat about what their next move or even when your next contact will be. (usually on their terms, not yours)
2. The cyberpath controls the victim's time and online environment, and works to suppress much of the victim's old behavior. The victim is slowly, or abruptly, isolated from all supportive persons/friends/net buddies except the cyberpath.
Your cyberpath might have insisted that you stop certain social, hobby, or work activities. Your chats may have moved to a more "private" or one on one forum and they insist you NOT tell others about you & them or include anyone else in your chats. If you do, be suspicious the cyberpath might be working on THEM behind your back as well. You may have been asked (or told) to reduce or stop contact with specific supportive people in your life.
3. The cyberpath creates in the victim a sense of powerlessness, fear, and dependency. Usually by providing unparalleled attention, support and understanding in the beginning and then SLOWLY over time withdrawing it and systematically replacing it with their real 'agenda.'
Verbal and emotional abuse and manipulation creates these emotions, and they become stronger and stronger over time.
4. The cyberpath works to instill new behavior and attitudes in the victim.
The online predator trains to you behave in ways that he wants you to behave. He gradually makes you feel differently about yourself, and erodes your confidence in yourself. They make you feel that everything you do, say or think - revolves around the cyberpath. (i.e. less talking & real communication - more cybersex, doing things for them, in person sexual encounters, money loans, etc)
5. The cyberpath puts forth a closed system of logic, and allows no real input or criticism.
In other words -- What he says, goes.
(We have used the male gender - your cyberpath may well be female.) "